100 Tellus Drive Cartersville
Would you or someone you love benefit from having a quieter experience at the Museum? Please join us for an intimate morning, limited to 80 participants, which will offer an environment with less crowding and less sensory stimulation.
Quiet Mornings at Tellus is an exclusive event for individuals with different sensory processing skills and their families to have a fun, enjoyable and interactive learning experience in a comfortable and accepting environment. Lighting is normalized, and our various monitors are not turned on. This sensory-friendly event will offer a conscious effort to eliminate extra stimuli. These exclusive mornings include:
• Less crowded environment
• Reduced wait times
• Less extreme light and sound reduction
• Designated “Quiet Spaces” located at the back of the theater and in the orientation theater (no movie will be playing during this time period)
• Name tags with contact information for children
• Additional directional signage
• FREE planetarium experience, which will have an open-door policy while showing looping videos of beautiful space images accompanied by soft classical music in an ambient light environment. (Face masks required in planetarium.)
Non-Members: Regular Admission
*Advance registration required to reserve your time slot.