Here is the low-down on attending the Rome Hot Air Balloon Festival with families:
- Hours: The festival runs Friday 9/14 and Saturday 9/15 from 4-10pm (gates and vendors open earlier).
- Get your tickets in advance for savings. The best deal is a Family 4-Pass (save $9+) You will need to purchase event tickets ($10 at gate or $9.17 including the $2.17 fee from Event Bright, OR Family pass of 4 is $27.64, which saves $9 if you’re buying 4 tickets! Tickets are $10 at the gate.) Kids 2 and under are FREE
- Parking is an extra $10 ($10+$2.24 fee in advance or $10/car at event).
- Balloon rides are extra. Tethered rides (up and down in a hot air balloon attached to the ground with a rope) are an extra $20.
- A full-on hot air balloon ride is $200, and will be taking off at different times than the festival and as early as 7:30am. Schedule in advance.
- There is a kids area, train rides (unsure if this costs extra) and craft and food vendors.
- Saturday from 4-6pm will be a “Fly-in,” meaning those with their own air crafts can fly in and park at the airport. If you have a little one who loves airplanes, you won’t want to miss this! Here is the full schedule.
- Stay past dark to see the balloons lit up!
- Bring 1.) Extra cash for food and vendors 2.) Blankets and/or lawn chairs 3.) A flashlight if you plan to stay for the Moonglow.
- This festival has been done in the past up in Summerville, but they had to stop due to not enough space. The Richard B Russell Airport in Armuchee agreed to let them hold it there this year.
- More info at https://romeballoonfestival.com/faq
It should be a great time and we hope to see you there!